Assistant Professor in Residence, Assistant Department Head & Director of Undergraduate Studies
PhD, Tennessee Technological University (2011)
- Engineering pedagogy
- Integration of fine arts and engineering
- Member: American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Member: American Society for Engineering Education
- August 2013 – July 2016, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University
- August 2011 – July 2013, NIH Academic Science Education and Research Training (ASERT) Postdoctoral Fellow, University of New Mexico
Awards and Honors
- TTU, Department Outstanding Teaching Award (voted by students), 2014
- Society for Mathematical Biology Travel Grant Award, 2013
- Department of Chemical Engineering Outstanding PhD Student of the Year, 2010
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Separations Division National Graduate Student Award for Fluid-Particle Separations, 2010
- Diversity Graduate Fellowship, Tennessee Technological University (TTU), 2007 – 2011
- Moarefian, Maryam, Jennifer Pascal. “Fundamental Mathematical Model Predicts Chemotherapy Enhancement with Applied Electrical Fields,” Mathematical Biosciences, 272 (2016): 1-5.
- Pascal, Jennifer and Carlee Ashley, Zhihui Wang, Terisse Brocato, Joseph Butner, Eric Carnes, Eugene Koay and Jeff Brinker, Vittorio Cristini. “Mechanistic Modeling Identifies Drug-Uptake History as Predictor of Tumor Drug Resistance and Nano-Carrier-Mediated Response,” ACS Nano 7 (2013): 11174-11182.
- Pascal, Jennifer, Elaine Bearer, Zhihui Wang, Steven A. Curley, and Vittorio Cristini. “Mechanistic Patient-Specific Predictive Correlation of Tumor Drug Response with Microenvironment and Perfusion Measurements.” PNAS 110 (2013): 14266-14271.
- Langner, Pamela, Michael Loewenberg, Jennifer Pascal, Arnaud Chauviere, Vittorio Cristini, Elaine Bearer. “Quantitative Measurements of Cargo-Motor Interactions During Axonal Transport.” Physical Biology, 9 (2012): 055005.
- Pascal, Jennifer, Ryan O’Hara, Mario Oyanader, Pedro Arce. “Optimal Separation Times for Electrical Field Flow Fractionation with Couette Flows.” Electrophoresis 29 (2008): 4238.
- Pascal, Jennifer, Rocio Tijaro-Rojas, Mario Oyanader, Pedro Arce. “Learning-based Integrative Approach for Transfer of Knowledge of Electrokinetic-Hydrodynamics Fundamentals: An Introductory Graduate Level Course” European Journal of Engineering Education, Accepted June 2016.
- Loftis, Leora, Pedro Arce, Jennifer Pascal. “A Pedagogical Approach to Introduce Green’s Functions to Engineering Students.” Proceedings of the ASEE-SE, 2016.
- Arce, Pedro, Jennifer Pascal, Cynthia Torres. “The Soccer Ball Model: A Useful POK for Introducing Scaling Concepts in Continua.” Chemical Engineering Education. 44 (Spring 2010): 111.